Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Some history

Tony and I started dating in October, 1998 (edited to give credit to John for introducing us! I expect the same credit if you ever write a blog about you and Hil!). After dating for nearly 5 years, we were married July 19, 2003 on Petit Jean Mountain.

We went to Colorado Springs for our honeymoon, where we went up Pike's Peak, went to the zoo, and white water rafted. We stayed in a little cabin in the mountains near Cripple Creek and didn't have water for 3 days, I think, because the owner was cheap and tried to fix the old pump instead of buying a new one. On our way there, we stopped in Amarillo at the Cadillac Ranch...weird! In March of 2005 we went to Jackson Hole, WY for a week. It was an unbelieveable trip! There was still some snow but it wasn't just bone-chilling cold. We took a snowmobile trip in Grand Teton National Park, and a wagon ride on the elk reserve. I want to go back!

Just before the WY trip, we made an offer on our house. We were doing some dealing over the phone on our trip, but it all worked out and we closed April 15, 2005. It's perfect for us! We live in a development out in the country with nothing but trees and a creek behind us.

In June 2006, we went to St. Croix, USVI. I thought nothing could be better than Jackson Hole, but this was! It was amazing! We attended services of the church there and got to witness a baptism in the Caribbean! We met some great people there. My favorite part was snorkeling. I could have stayed in the water forever. We took a guided trip to Buck Island, and the things we saw there are things I have only ever seen on the Discovery Channel! It was completely amazing! I want to go back there, too! This is a pic of us on our sunset sail.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to here about how everything is going. Miss you guys!!

Hughes'

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, Jessica! Thanks for doing this. Gage's bedroom looks precious!! Love, Jenni

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love the blog. I can't wait to see ya'll and meet baby Gage!
Love,
Sarah Saffold

Anonymous said...

How come I get no credit for getting you guys together??? I mean there was no sentance that said 'we were introduced by John McJunkins, a mutual friend and genius. Where's the love?

John Mc

Anonymous said...

purdy cool.
love you
grumpy old granddaddy

Mom said...

My comment is just how proud of you both I am. The way you have chosen to rise above the negative and confront this challenge head on is what every mother prays her children will do in life. Gage will have no option but to be as strong as his Mom and Dad!
Love!~
Mom