Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Rough Days

It's been a rough couple of days! Yesterday started out just fine. We hung out until about lunch time then went to town to eat. We ended up getting ahold of the Qs and met them at a pretty good catfish buffet that has a lot of other things on it. I probably ate too much, but I didn't feel just miserable right away. We shopped for a while. We couldn't think of anything else to do after that so we went home.

Sometime late afternoon/early evening I started to feelhorrible. I took some Tums, but that didn't work. I felt sick at my stomach, but more than that I felt like someone was standing on my chest and I couldn't breathe right. I didn't eat supper because I felt sick. We decided to go to bed, and I got choked on my water when I was taking my prenatals...well, that just set it off and I threw up. It was bad. I am one of those people that will avoid throwing up at all costs so this was misery for me! I didn't sleep very well last night at all, either. I just couldn't get comfortable.

This morning, I was okay. I got ready and went to church. During class, Tony was teaching the jr. high kids and I was in our regular adult class. I was uncomfortable the whole time, feeling like I couldn't breathe right again. I also felt weepy for no reason at all. I never cried outright, but I felt like it. Anyway, sometime toward the end of class I started feeling swimmy-headed, then my ears started ringing and my eyes started getting foggy-the feeling you get right before you pass out. I got the attention ofML and told her I thought I was going to pass out and she told me to put my feet up on the pew. I did and it made the feeling go away and I felt better. She offered to go get Tony, but class was almost over, so I said no. I still felt a little funny-not really myself, but that was the end of the fainting feeling. I had to sit down during the last song just because I was feeling so weak.

We went out to eat for lunch and I got a 1/2 a roasted chicken, which was really good, and drank a lot of water, so I think that's what I needed because I feel better. I ate this morning, but it was just Pop Tarts and some juice, and I didn't have any water after my puking spell last night, so I think I just needed protein and water. I still feel a little off, but much much better.

MY baby brother had surgery Friday! He went to the doctor with severe abdominal pain, which turned out to be an inflamed appendix. He had it out Friday and came home Sat. What's funny is that he was due to spend last week with us, but went home a little earlier than we had planned at first, so he could have been here! He was also supposed to leave for camp in FL tomorrow morning, so it's really a blessing that it happened when it did! He's at home now and doing well.

3 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Girl, the whole puking thing, I was sick the entire time I was pregnant. Me and the toilet, we were tight! I puked at wor, I puked in Florida, I puked on the side of the rode. Fun times. Won't be doing it again.

Jessica said...

Jana- Oh, bummer! I am so thankful my pregnancy hasn't been like that the whole way through! I was icky 1st tri and threw up a handfull of times, and this is the first time since then that I have even felt like it! I am feeling back to normal today, by the way. All is well.

Ashley said...

Glad you are feeling better! Feeling sick to your stomach is the absolute worst thing. That is one of the things I am most nervous about whenever we have kids!