Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

vacation, doctor, showers

I haven't updated in a while and it seems we've had a lot going on! We have gone to Dallas with our friends, had 2 showers, and had 2 more doctor's appointments.

Dallas:
We left Wednesday, July 18th and drove to Tony's parents' house to drop off the dog. M&R met us in Hope and picked us up and we went the rest of the way to Dallas with them. We got to the hotel in time to eat the free supper there at the hotel. While we were eating, this guy walked through the dining area. He and Tony stared at each other for a while before deciding that they knew each other and talking. Turns out that he was working there and that D, Tony's friend growing up and college roommate was there working too! It was nice to get to see him. Anyway, then we got ready to go to services with J, the daughter of our former preacher. We really enjoyed meeting the people there and hanging out with J.
The next day, J came to our hotel and we all went to Six Flags together. Tony and J ended up being the only ones to ride much for most of the day, so I had the company of M, R, and the kids. It wasn't miserably hot like it usually is this time of year and the humidity was abnormally low. Tony and I decided to go catch the trolly and go back to the hotel while everyone else finished riding, and get the car to pick everyone else up. On the way out of the park, I was just walking and turned my ankle, falling on the ground in the park. I was a step or 2 behind Tony and he said he wouldn't have known anything had happened if he hadn't seen my water bottle go flying. These stupid girls just stared at the big pregnant lady on the ground while Tony got me a chair. I declined sitting in it in favor of getting out of there. I could bear weight on it, so we went ahead and tried to make the trolly. We watched it pull out of the station 5 minutes early as we were walking up to the station. So, we had to sit and wait for the next one an hour later. In the meantime everyone else caught up. It was mine and Tony's 4th anniversary, so we chose where to eat and went to Saltgrass steakhouse. MMMMMmmmmmmm! Even though we agreed on no presents, he got me a massage that I think I will go to this week!

That night we went back to Six Flags. T and Tony rode some more rides while M, J, L, and I went to Cirque Dreams Coobrila, a really cool acrobatics show. R went to a baseball game. T and Tony ended up coming in to the show right before it started. It was really good!

Friday we leisurely got up, went to breakfast in the hotel with D, and then headed up to Grapevine mills mall. We ate at Abuelo's, which was really good! We just walked around the mall a bit and only bought a couple of things. That night we went to the Ranger's game, and J came with us. It was fun. We got a free hot dog and coke with out tickets.

Sat. we headed back to Tony's parents' house and just rested the rest of the day.

Shower
My shower was nice. We got a lot of nice things for Gage. Everyone was so nice! We now have lots of 3-6 month old clothes for Gage, mainly onsies, and lots of washcloths for some reason. I couldn't believe we still had 2 showers to go after this one, because we got SO much! I organized it all when we got home.

Doctor
Went back to both doctors again Friday. Got to see the little man again, although he wouldn't pose for a face shot. Everything is still looking good! He's growing right on target. Even though I don't put much stock in ultrasound weight estimates, it's fun to hear. Dr. C said he is now about 5lbs!! We got to see him "practicing" breathing, which was really neat! He is still head-down, which is a good thing, and it was really low. No new news on the spina bifida front. The fluid on his brain is still fairly normal and the opening is still there without anything sticking out. I will lonly see Dr. C once more!

Shower #2
Went to my mom's Friday for the Armstrong reunion, which included a shower for me and a cousin that has a 6 month-old. It was nice. It was good to get to see everyone and we got a lot of registry items, which was nice. Mom and John got us the stroller/infant seat combo, which I was really excited about! We put it all together while there and played with it! I love it! We came on home Saturday evening. I was SO tired! Now I need to organize all of THAT shower stuff before the one here in Conway this coming Sunday!

Work
I am not sure if this week or next will be my last week of work. We had talked about this being the last week, but some of the therapists are talking about working one more week, so if enough kids will still come, I will go another week too. It will just be Mon-Wed anyway, so no big deal. I am sure I will miss it when it's over, but as of right now, I am tired and need a break.

4 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Yay for showers, and vacations, and waiting for baby! Yuck for Abuelos. There's one here, eaten there once, didn't like it.
Glad you feel good enough to travel.

Casey said...

Hey sweetie.! I am glad things are going well.. and you are getting so close.. what like 5 weeks???!! Wow.. can't wait for you!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! I can't believe Gage is already 5 lbs. He is going to be so big when he is born. Try to get some rest before he gets here.

Jamie said...

Sounds like everything is going great! Look forward to seeing you this weekend!!