Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

Good weekend

We had a good weekend, specifically a good Sunday.

My "church friends" shower was Sunday afternoon and it was wonderful. I got some really great stuff. People are so generous and thoughtful! I haven't gone through everything yet, so it's still sitting in Gage's room in the bags that it came in. I really enjoyed seeing Jamie and Amy at the shower! Haven't seen either of those girls in a while and they are always fun to be around! The cake was too cute!

And here is my large self with the cake:


Tony also preached a really good lesson Sunday night. I am so proud of him! It was very timely for our church and he really did a great job clearly expressing himself. It was cool, too, because we didn't sing all the songs before he spoke. He would talk about a point or 2 until he was done with it, then we sang a couple of songs on that subject. It was really neat.

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you that have been reading along! I know some of you have blogs of your own and I am terrible at getting to them.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Jess!! You look great!!

Lucky Gem said...

You do look GREAT!

Ashley said...

You are beautiful! You are about to have a baby, what gets better than that?