Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Introducing Gage Anthony Fincher!

He's here!!!
Gage arrived via C-section August 28 at 11:22PM. He was 7lbs 15 1/2 oz (ok, 8lbs!) and 22 inches long (BIG boy!) He came out kicking and screaming- we are so thrilled! They brought him by my room before they took him to Children's and we got to talk to him and touch him, although we have not held him yet. They did surgery to close the hole on his back yesterday (Wednesday, Aug 29) and everything went really well. They will wait and monitor him before doing surgery to place a shunt to relieve fluid build-up in his head, so probably a few more days to a week before that happens. I am doing good. I am really sore, but nothing I can't handle. I finally got some good rest last night. Dr. Wyatt is giving me a pass to go see Gage today at Children's, so I am super excited about that! I should be released tomorrow, but I am not sure if I will go home or go to Ronald McDonald house. They have us on the list, but it's full at the moment, so we will have to wait and see. We have really appreciated the emails, phone calls, and messages of prayers we have gotten through all of this!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, my sweet boy, Gage!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Jessica and Tony,
I cried tears of happiness (only a mother can understand) when I saw the pictures of Gage. I know you all are so relieved everything is going well, and can't wait to get your hands on him. We miss you guys!
Sisterly,
Pam

Lucky Gem said...

I'm so excited for you Jessica!!

Amy Hensarling said...

He is beautiful, and I am so glad everything came out okay!

Tracy said...

He's beautiful! I love him already! I'm so excited you're getting a pass to go see him. I'm thankful to the good Lord everything went well. Can't wait to hear more! Love you both.

Ashley said...

Gage is absolutely beautiful!!!! I'll keep praying that everything continues to go well with his surgeries. Congratulations!

Stacy said...

Tony & Jessica,
Isaiah 41:13 says "For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'"
I am so thankful that He keeps His promises and He did hold your hand through the process of bringing Gage into this world. I am confident He will continue to hold your hands through anything that may come. You are both amazingly strong and a blessing to all who know you.
I hope you get many more nights of good rest while you can. :-)

Love,
Stacy

Jennifer Rowland said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations!

Ashley said...

I am so happy that everything went well - you will be at home with your little one in no time :)