Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, August 31, 2007

Mommy's out!

I got released from the hospital today. I am feeling pretty good. Still sore and tired, but if I keep up with my drugs things are better! We spent a good part of the day with Gage today and he seems to be doing well. The fluid on his brain is still increasing and that concerns me, but they want to make sure his back heals well before doing the next surgery to place the shunt. He opened his eyes while I was there a couple of times. I lowered the side of the bed and put my head down so he could see me. I could just stare at him and rub his soft skin all day long! I didn't get to hold him yet, but I am going to ask again tomorrow.

John and Hilary came and met Gage today. It was good to get to show him off! We also went to eat with Pam, Matt, Carter and Owen. Owen went through 2 years ago what Gage is going through now. He is such a cute kid and it makes me know that Gage will be okay! He kept staring Tony down. It was funny! Anyway, I am tired so I am going to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

w00t! Made the first page!

John Mc