Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2007

More pics, Aug 30

I got to go see my baby boy today! I spent all afternoon at Children's. He is WONDERFUL! I am so in love! Gage is doing well. The fluid in his head is increasing and they are planning to place the shunt to relieve that pressure either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. That surgery isn't that big a deal. In the meantime if it gets to be critical, they will use a tiny needle to aspirate some off.

Gage loves his Binki! He has one favorite one and he holds it with his hand and goes to work on it! He opened his eyes while we were there and looked around a bit. The tape on his mouth holds a tiny little tube going to his tummy. Today they fed him the colostrum that I have pumped, so I felt useful! Here are a few pics from our visit today.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

You being there with him is also useful! Gage knows you are there and that you love him. I am just so happy for your new family!

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for posting the pics. He's so sweet and beautiful, and you look great!
Love you all dearly, I'm so happy everything is going so well.
Hil

Jamie said...

I am sooooo happy for you both!! Gage is so beautiful and I'm so happy to hear things are going well! :)

Lucky Gem said...

I love seeing the pictures. Congrats again.

Christina said...

Congrats! He is precious! I'm so glad you are both healthy and happy through all this. You are both amazing. Love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Aww! He's so cute!!!! I can't wait to actually see him!!!! Love you guys!
Aunt Maura :)

MaeMae said...

Hi Gage,
MaeMae misses you so much, but I sure was happy to see that smile on Mommy's face when she finally got to be with you.
We love you and pray for all of you. Psalm 4:8