Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Good day

Today was a good day for us. Gage is really doing good. His head circumference did not increase since yesterday and they keep increasing how much he eats at each session. We spent a lot of time with him today. He opened his eyes again and looked around. I can't wait to get to see him look around with both eyes! Since he is laying on his face, we can only see one. While he slept today he smiled-so sweet! I changed his icky dirty diaper today, which is tricky since he is on his tummy. The surgeon still didn't come by today so the dressing is still on his back and we didn't get to ask about holding him. His nurse tried twice to call him and he never called back. She said she WILL catch him tomorrow.

It was brought to my attention that I haven't mentioned Tony in any of these messages. Just let me say that he has been awesome. I can't imagine going through any of this without him. He was incredible during labor-coached me for 12 hours and reassured me when it was inevitable that I have a c-section, he has been great with my emotional craziness, and he is already a great daddy! It's really a benefit to have a nurse in there with me with all of this medical stuff going on. He talks to the docs and nurses and then translates for me.

I hope to have more pics tomorrow. I have been holding out for the dressing to come off, but so far that hasn't happened. I need some with Gage and Tony, but Tony has had the camera the whole time.

No comments: