Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 29, 2007

One month old

Gage was one month old yesterday! I can't believe it's been a whole month! If he had been born on his due date, we would probably just be getting home and I am so thankful all of that is behind us!

My dad and step mom got here Tuesday night. We have had a good visit with them. We have been busy, going to antique places and looking around. Gage has been a trooper. I got the chance to really use the sling since we have been in and out of so many places and I really like it....so much easier than the carrier and stroller. We have taken a lot of pictures while they've been here, but they are all on their camera and we don't have a cord to upload them to my computer, so maybe I'll post them later.

We went to Children's Thursday for a visit with the neurosurgeon and a CT scan. We also went to the NICU to see Denise, our favorite nurse. She was glad to see us and we were glad to see her. The visit with the doc was uneventful. He said everything looked good and since the CT was after the appointment with him, he said he would call if there was anything to be concerned about. He weighed 10lbs!!! Gage was not a fan of the CT. It was time for him to eat when he finally got in so he was mad anyway. They had to make his head still and he was so mad that was hard to do. It didn't last long, though.

Tony got home from Chicago today. We really missed him! I was so glad to have Dad and Alice here with us while he was gone. He had a good trip and said that he caught a foul ball at the White Sox game.

I have decided to take Gage's picture every month with a big stuffed animal. The best one I could find here was this white tiger that Tony gave me when we were dating, so here in the first one.

And just for good measure a picture post-bath:

5 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

He's getting so big!

Ashley said...

So glad that everything is going well! I can't believe how much Gage is growing. Very cute pictures!

Courtney said...

Look at what a big boy he is!!! He sure is alert :)

Whitney said...

Taking his picture next to the tiger every month is such a good idea!!! You'll really be able to tell how much he's grown!!! Hope all is well! Can't wait to see the pictures of Addie and Grumpy with Gage!

Miss and love you bunches!

Whitney

Kellie said...

Wow--he's growing so fast!! Love the pic with the tiger...can't wait to see the new one each month :)