Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Settling in

Things are going great at home. We are settling in to daily life with our little man. He is currently curled up on my chest and looking cuter than ever. Yesterday we made a trip to town to get some necessities and he was an angel the whole time. We took his stroller and he pretty much slept the whole time. It's amazing how much attention a newborn gets. I got to hear about how old everybody's youngest is or how their great neice just had a baby or something like that.

This morning we had an appointment with Dr. Reddy, the urologist, at Children's. We really like him a lot. He flies in from Cincinatti once a month on a weekend to see kids at Children's. He has a great bedside manner and really explains everything well. I also like that he views his speciality in relation to the whole person, not just parts. Anyway, right now we are just to keep Gage on antibiotics. He is going to see him again in 3 months for an ultrasound to make sure his kidneys are still okay, but for now, we don't have to cath him. YAY! It may be silly, but I have dreaded this appointment worse than all of the others, so I am glad it is over with and all is well.

Here is Gage taking his first bath, which was not a hit. He had another one today that was better as long as I was squeezing warm water over him, but he still hated the washing part and getting dressed/undressed.

And sleeping on the couch with Daddy:

10 comments:

Ashley said...

You sound so happy! I am glad everything is going well. The pictures are VERY sweet!

Chrissy said...

I'm so glad that everything went well. The pictures are adorable.

Rachel said...

he's so adorable! and i'm glad to hear that everything has gone good. he's definitely a blessed baby! can't wait to see you guys in a month.

Courtney said...

Jess, really, Gage looks like an angel!!! What a sweetie!

Kellie said...

Love the pic of Gage and Daddy sleeping on the couch. Those were my favorite shots to get when Morgan was little. Also? Love the dog lying on the floor, too :) She's protecting her baby!!

Andrea Yates said...

Hey Jessica this is Andrea in Bentonville. I have been keeping up with you guys through Sarah I am so glad that you guys are at home and things are going well. I added Gage's site to my baby site. I will keep reading now that I have the address. We will have to have a baby get together when they all get here.
You can check out our information at
www.adalynnmckinley.blogspot.com

Love you guys and I will keep you in my prayers!! Give Gage a kiss for me, he is precious!!

TYNA ARMSTRONG said...

SO PROUD THINGS ARE GOING WELL, IT'S GREAT TO HAVE A NEW MEMBER OF THE FAMILY-CAN'T WAIT TO SEE GAGE IN PERSON. LOVE TO YOU ALL. TYNA

MaeMae said...

Wow - does Gage look like Uncle Nathan in this batch picture or what? So sweet and squeaky clean!

Love you all - I am thankful for the good news about the doctor visit.

WHAT'S NORMAL? said...

Gage, you are so handsome. You kind of reminded me of uncle nate! Be sweet to Mom and Dad and I love you. Love Aunt, Sue

Shayna Rattler said...

hey fellow O.T., it's Shayna, your parents' neighbor. Glad everything is going well for little Gage. you guys have been n my prayers. im trying to find him a onsie that says "my mom is an occupational therapist" but have had no luck yet. i wont give up though. Hope you make it to olive branch soon!!!