Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Three weeks old today!

I can't believe he's 3 weeks old already! Gage is doing so well. Our days seem to fly by with him whereas before I had him and I was home, the days seemed to drag on and on.

We had to go back to Children's today for Gage to be circumcised at the recommendation of his urologist. I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for him. Apparently he slept through it while I cried. We took him to Children's because a surgeon does it and uses a local anestetic. After that we went out for Mexican food and he didn't move a muscle. Poor baby is still asleep, which is weird for him. He weighed just over 9lbs at the doctor's office! I am so glad he's gaining weight so well. He's such a little piggy!

Last night was the first night that Gage didn't sleep like I wanted him to. I fed him at about 11pm and put him in bed, like always. Apparently he wasn't ready for bed yet so he cried. I would pick him up and he would be fine, then put him down and he would cry. Tony finally got up with him so I could sleep some and after the next feeding he slept just fine.

I think it's so funny that some of you think he looks a little like his Uncle Nate! Nate is always accused of looking just like his dad, who I am not related to, and I am always accused of looking like my dad, who he is not related to! I totally see it, though, especially in the bath pics! How funny!

Do you think he's comfortable?

Check out these feet!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE the feet picture! I think it made my ovaries jump up and down. :)

Chrissy said...

The little feet are sooo cute. (umm..I have nothing to say about the big feet. lol) It sounds like everyone is doing wonderful. I'm very happy for you and your family.

Kellie said...

The feet picture is great. Ashley's comment is hysterical :)

Betty Barnhardt said...

Loved seeing the pictures and getting an update on you and Gage. Denise has kept me informed, but it's still not the same as actually seeing pictures. I can't believe you live in Conway and we live in Maumelle and haven't visited. I actually shop in Conway a lot. I will try to come see you next time.

WHAT'S NORMAL? said...

My great-nephew probably misses his Mommy at night. I'm proud Tony's helping you at night. Kiss up under his chin and on his feetsies too. He's so sweet.

Denise Young said...

As you can see I passed the word on to Mom. I can't believe you are a mommmy now. You are supposed to be my little sis! We actually have boys 3 1/2 years apart. I do think he looks like "Uncle Nate" He is so cute!
We should be in the area in Feb. because Christina has a dance competition. Maybe we can squeeze in a visit!! I can't wait to read and see more!

Courtney said...

Jess, he looks SO content and darling! I am grateful to God that things have gone so well with Gage! What a miracle!!