Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Busy family

We've been pretty busy the last few days. Gage was 6 weeks old Tuesday and I had an appointment in Little Rock. We also went to the lactation consultant there and found out that we have thrush, so we are both taking medicine for that. I don't know why I didn't think about that. With Gage on antibiotics, it makes him more succeptible. Anyway, after that we went to the VA and introduced Gage to Tony's coworkers. They all had a fit over him! Tony said he was going to have to go through orientation again when he finally goes back to work since he's been off for so long.

Yesterday we went to Conway and spent most of the day waiting on a prescription to be called in. Gage was not happy with the wait and let me know all the way home.

Today Tony worked and Gage and I took my car to get the windshield resealed and had a loaner for the day. We shopped as long as we both could handle it then went to UCA to see if the bookstore had anything that would fit him. The smallest thing was 6months, so we left with nothing. Campus was SO busy because of the game tonight. We were going to go, but after spending all day in town, we are both tired. Besides that, I am not sure how we would nurse at the stadium, so we are going to hang out at home. I did have him dressed for game day, though, and had to take some pics.

Gage is definitely smiling at us now! He did it this morning in his car seat before we left and then again when I was taking his picture- of course, I didn't get a good one of him smiling, but I will.

We are really looking forward to the weekend! Uncle Dusty and Aunt Rachel are coming for the first time, and Uncle Nate is coming with them! YAY!


6 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

Look at that growing boy!

davidandjan said...

That's a happy boy!!

Courtney said...

I could seriously just eat him up, Jess!! Love the onesie!!

Aunt Bessie said...

You better check some luggage before Uncle Dusty, Aunt Rachel & Uncle Nate leave. They might just have ideas to smuggle that boy out! He's a pretty cute UCA Bear!
Love ya'll....Bessie & Jay

Ashley said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! He looks so happy even though he's not wearing a UT onesie! :)

MaeMae said...

I already saved these for Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's next CD. I will check this week to see if you added any from your weekend with the Uncles! I cannot believe he is so big. I am coming soon if even for a day before he can walk over the bridge! Love you all very much!