Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fatty McButterpants

We had Spina Bifida Clinic visit today at Children's. Mr. Gage now weighs 13lbs, 12oz! WOH! He is outgrowing clothes left and right and is about out of size 1 diapers. Those newborn size ones looks so tiny now! Anyway, back to the visit. We knew we were scheduled to see 4 people today, so we thought we would be there forever. A rehab nurse, Ortho doc, and PT all came in at the same time! They all had good things to say. PT won't start with him until he is ready to pull up and then he will be fitted for braces. I assumed we would be starting PT after today. SO glad we don't have to! Ortho doc said everything looked good and that he seemed to be a "good L5". She said her "good L5s" walk really well with braces, and she expected he would too. She said his hips looked good and asked if we were putting him on his tummy at all....I said "all the time...I'm a bad mommy and let him sleep on his tummy." She told me that she would disagree with my pediatrician on that and she thought that was good. I felt the same way about that, knowing that the "back to sleep" thing has resulted in an increase in OT referals for kiddos due to delayed motor development. If he was prone to apnea, I wouldn't do it, but he's been on his tummy since day 1 in the NICU, so I am pretty confident in my decision. Anyway, a nutritionist came in, asked a few questions, and didn't stay long. Then the rehab doc. She asked about what he was doing with his legs and then she looked at him. Same as before- looks like he has everything but gastrocs- the toe pointing muscles.

After the clinic visit, we went up to the NICU and visited nurse Denise again. It was good to see her! She commented on how big he had gotten!

Some of you have asked about the pattern for the baby carrier I made. The pattern can be found here.
www.wearyourbaby.com has this pattern and some others, along with how to wear them.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome! I'm am so happy to hear that Gage is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

He is so gorgeous!! I am so glad that he is doing so good.

Casey

Whitney said...

So glad to know that you got good reports! You all continue to be in my prayers. Miss and love you bunches and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!

Love, Whit