Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Prayers requested

I know that SO many people checked in here and prayed for us when Gage first got here, so I thought I would use this outlet to pass this on. One of my highschool classmates, Stephanie was diagnosed with cervical cancer 6 months ago. She just found out that it has spread and they are changing her chemo strategy just to buy her a little more time and not get rid of it. They have given her months. She is married and has a 2 year old. Her husband is Randy and little girl is Zoe. It is all so sad. They did a news story about her on Fox in Memphis, but I will not post the link for now because it is so sad, but it does show her strength through all of this. The news story listed her blog site (Found Here), so I feel good about sharing it here. Please pray for her and put her on any prayer lists you can, as she has asked for this. I knew Stephanie in high school and she is a really sweet girl. I just can't believe something like this can happen to someone who is 28 years old! So sad!

2 comments:

WHAT'S NORMAL? said...

Jess - I believe that cancer never "picks" any specific person. We personally have been through this with several of our loved ones and somehow we still have a hard time accepting the diagnosis of a family member or friend. I remember when George Harrison {The Beatles} died, or Ed Bradley from 60 minutes. No one is exempt or less likely to face it's cruel reality. I do believe in the power of prayer. I've been doing a lot lately and I had an enlightened realization that I was putting demands on God. I have asked for strength, health and emotional well-being. The answer I assumed would be forth coming has not revealed itself. I was reminded that God knows me best and will only look out for my good and he alone knows when I am ready to do the work towards "my" shortcomings. It could very well be that there are different things in store for me. Feverent prayer is an important expression of our realiance on God's power. I truly believe that he does not make mistakes and that is a tremendous comfort that I rely on when I have tough questions with uncertain resolutions. I love you Jess and I'm sorry about your friend. If you need me....I'm here.
sa faith that God can do all things, but He knows

MaeMae said...

Jessica - I went to your friend's
Caringbridge site. You can tell she is one strong girl and will fight with her faith. I loved that she put the pics on of what things are really like and is not sugar coating. This girl knows the power of prayer and is letting us know what she needs. She and you both know about praying for poop. God is all the details of our lives....

Good job on your no-sew project. Really cool baby gift idea. May have to visit that website myself!

Love you so much. MaeMae