Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Successful project!

Look what I made today!


I found directions online (www.mamatoto.org) for how to make a no-sew baby carrier. Sounds like a perfect project for me, so we went to Hancocks and bought 2 yards each of this red and purple fleece on sale for $3.99/yard. Brought it home, made a couple of cuts, and viola! I have a new baby carrier. This style is called an "ABC" or mai tai. He is actually snoozing in it right now! I will cut the purple tomorrow. It will be perfect if we ever make it to a Bears game!

Just for good measure, here is a picture of my sweet boy. He smiles and makes his surprised "O" face at us a lot now...this is not one of them. He was actually getting tuned up to cry, but it's cute anyway. Notice his camo shoes.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you figured out how to make it. It looks a little easier to deal with than the "baby cape". Gage is adorable...as always.

Ashley said...

Aren't you crafty! Looks very nice and comfortable. You might want to get some orange and white material too. :) I can't believe how big Gage is getting. He looks so happy!

Whitney said...

How neat is that!!! You have always been so crafty!!! Can't wait to see you guys in about a month!!! YIPPEE!!!

Whitney said...

I can't believe how much he looks like a Lowe in these pictures!!! He really favors Nate too!!!

Love you!
Whitney

Whitney said...

So after telling others of your craftiness...I have a request for the pattern for this little contraption...especially since many of the slings have been recalled!!!