Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2007

In the hospital

Ok, hopefully 3rd time's a charm! I just erased my post twice! So surgery yesterday went well. Gage seems to be doing fine. It turns out that the shunt itself was fine. The end of it was just smooshed behind his liver and not allowing it to flow freely. Of course, they discovered this after they had already opened and replaced the part in his head, so he has 2 incisions. He will go for a head CT sometime this morning, then if everything is okay, we should get to go home. The stay has been interresting, but I am as impressed with this hospital as I have ever been. We are in a semi-private room with another little boy. There is only one 'sleep chair' in here, but we signed a waiver and got a regular bed. Gage and I slept in the bed and Tony in the chair...i use the word slept very loosely. Gage finally ate well this morning and seems much more content now. I am writing from the computer in Gage's room. The screen is on a movable arm and they keyboard is soft and 'virtually indestructible'. We can control the tv from the conputer touch screen, as well as watch the helicopter web cam or play games like Pac Man or Donkey Kong. There is also an XBox 360 in here and you can call down and get them to bring you games up. It's all pretty cool! Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I will update again sometime after we get home, which we hope is soon!!

1 comment:

Adalynn said...

OH my gosh! You guys have had quite the week. I am glad they figured out that something wasn't right so quickly. ACH really seems to be on top of things that is great to be receiving such great care. Well we will continue to pray for you guys and I hope that you got to come home. Recovery is always easier at home:)