Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Surgery tomorrow

Surgery is scheduled for in the morning (Friday) at 7:30am. They will be removing the EVD and replacing the shunt. The surgeon says it will go back on the same side of his head as the old one (we had heard it might go on the other side), so that's good. Poor kid is going to have enough scars as it is! If all goes well, we should be going home Saturday...we hope to get out of Little Rock before the Razorback fans descend on the city! So, just pray for Gage and that all will go well tomorrow! We are so ready to get home! I am afraid Gage will have outgrown a whole size in his clothes without ever getting to wear them!

1 comment:

Lucky Gem said...

Jessica, I hope y'all get to go home soon. I admire your strength. It's amazing what you find within yourself when you have a child. I'll be anxiously awaiting your next post. I hope the surgery goes well. We go back Jan. 3rd. Hopefully, you won't be there, but if you are, I would love to see you and meet Gage!