Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Houston, we have a thumb sucker!

I thought we had averted the thumb sucking by making Gage a binky baby, but no such luck. He now prefers his thumb over the binky. Oh well. It means he can calm himself at night without me having to get up and find the binky for him. I guess I canlive with it. Sunday night he fell asleep on Roger with his thumb in his mouth. It was too sweet. I will have to see if I can get the pic from Tony's phone later.

MawMaw, PawPaw and Uncle Nate came this weekend. They actually arrived before noon Sat. We got an early Christmas present- a video camera! It's tiny! I love it. It will be great for catching all of Gage's new tricks- if we ever get high-speed internet I can post them here!

In other news, Gage is an AWESOME sleeper! He goes to bed at about 9:30 or 10 and stays out until about 8:15 every morning! I am loving the sleep! I may have put that in the last post, I can't remember, but it's worth repeating if I did. He still is not a fan of the carseat, though. Just about every trip in the car is met with screams from the back seat. He gets himself all worked up and then can't calm down immediately when we get home. I am not looking forward to the car trips over Christmas.

We were in town nearly all day today. I "wear" Gage in my ring sling when we're out and it works out so well. Today I let him face out so he could see where we were going and he really seemed to enjoy it. I always get so many comments from strangers when I wear him. I am always happy to share where I got my sling or how to make one of your own. I hope more people will discover baby wearing around here. I cringe when I see those women carrying around those baby buckets with the little ones strapped in. I couldn't imagine carrying that heavy thing around everywhere, not to mention that the poor kid gets to look at the ceiling all day! I have also heard that carrying them facing in counts as "tummy time" and since babies don't spend as much time on their tummies these days, it's a good way to get that time in. Anyway, he was really good while I shopped and smiled at the lady working in Kohl's when she came up to him and talked to him. He really is a sweet baby.

Anyone know where Santa Clause is in Conway? With all the new malls being open air shopping centers, I don't know where he would be! I won't be driving to Little Rock just to find him. He ought to visit Conway too.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it is so cute when babies suck their thumbs! You have to get a picture of it for us. :)

valerie said...

The Antioch Baptist church- next to Furniture Row- is having A Morning with Santa breakfast... It costs $5.00 and for 2.00 more you can have pic. made w/Santa. Dec. 8th!- so not much notice... usually they have free pics with Santa at the Holiday light thing they have set up down the road from the wal-mart on Dave Ward. Don't know hours or anything... last year they also did a father time picture on some of the days.

Steph said...

Funny...my son is the exact opposite. He had his thumb in his mouth within minutes of being born, and now he likes the paci. Actually he did go through a spurt as an infant of liking the paci, but only about a month or two. Now he's 13 months old, so it's more for play than soothing, but still.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!