Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Spoke too soon

Gage has been a BEAR at night lately! Last night he woke up at about 1:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep. I nursed him and he fell asleep in my arms, but as soon as I put him down he would cry and keep crying. I finally gave in and did something I said I would never do again- put him in bed with us. The rest of my night was shot. Gage slept until 5 or so and wanted to eat again. Tony was afraid to roll over for fear that he would roll on Gage and I kept worrying that the covers were over his face. I don't know what his deal is. He used to be so easy to put down at night and he stayed asleep all night. Even when I don't get up with him he still wakes up and fusses now. I am starting to believe the people who think he may be trying to cut teeth, although I can't see or feel anything. Either that or he's going through another growth spurt- I hope he gets longer this time instead of just heavier!

The next doctor visit is Feb 5 to have some tests then we see the urologist Feb 8. I have been dreading this appointment since we left the NICU. Please pray that Gage can empty his bladder and that we won't have to do anything different in that department.

2 comments:

sterlingirl said...

He'll sleep again. Ryan doesn't sleep at well when she's cutting a tooth. You never know. It's hard to really tell if there is a tooth until it's popped through. Hang in there. We've all been there.

Emmilu said...

Those teeth start bothering them long before they surface, so it could be teeth. And I never could feel them until they were just about to break the skin.