Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Nothing else to do!

So I might as well blog.

We had a stellar shopping day today...good deals at JCPenny and a local shoe store for Tony. I'll spare you the details, but I was so proud of myself! I HAD to get some jeans. I bought some a while back but they are getting too big (YAY!) and are not at all flattering on me. I needed a hair cut, but didn't get an answer when I called, so I'm not sure when I'll do that. We try not to go to town every day if we can help it, especially since gas is creeping back up. My hair looks terrible, though. It's just long and straight. Perfect length for little fingers to get all wrapped up in. I have carried Gage on my back in the sling a couple of times, which he thinks is fun, but he always gets his hands in my hair and pulls. I feel like I am reverting back to my high school and college pony tail ways.

We are going on a little trip with some friends next month and I'm looking forward to that....no real plans, just hanging out and doing whatever hits us at the moment.

I think my sleep assessment for the last post is pretty right on. We have one good night (where he goes to bed early) followed by a bad night (when he goes to bed late due to us being out). Last night, being Sunday, was a bad night. Gage and I ended up in the guest room again. He kept me up for a long time and woke up 2 other times during the night. I hate sleeping in the bed with him because I am afraid to move for fear he'll wake back up. It makes for a very tired mommy the next day. He was awful tonight before bed. We started winding down at about 7pm, but it was a no-go for him. He just cried and arched his back for no apparent reason other than that he was so sleepy. He finally gave it up and went to sleep around 9:45 or so. I REALLY hope he stays asleep tonight. I need a good night's rest! Maybe I should have Tony bring it up at the next men's business meeting as another reason to one service on Sundays, or at least move the time back...that's a whole 'nother post, though.

No comments: