Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pardon the interruption

I have to tell about our night last night. We went to church, as we always do on Wednesday nights. Just as usual, Gage started getting fussy toward the end of class (he just goes with us). I took him to the nursery and fed him. He ate a lot! By this time it was about 7:45 or so, so nearing bedtime. Anyway, when he was finally done, I patted his back for a while, and he didn't burp. I bounced him a little on my knee- still no burp. So I was thinking that maybe he just didn't get much air and wasn't going to. I took him into the auditorium (class was over by then and everyone meets back in the auditorium). We were singing and just before the closing prayer, Tony reached over and took Gage from me. It was a teenage boy, D, saying the prayer, and right in the middle of it I hear this awful LOUD retching sound coming from Gage. I look up and he has hurled all over Tony's shirt. Tony and I couldn't stop laughing. D just kept on going. I found a burp rag and started cleaning up. When D said "amen" the whole congregation busted out laughing, including Tony and me. It was too funny. Gage had burped, stuck his fingers down his throat, and gagged himself, causing the hurl. A lot of people came up and commented on it. I felt sorry D, but he did an excellent job. Tony had a huge wet spot on the front of his shirt. Gage rarely spits up, but when he does, as someone said last night, it sounds like it comes from his toes. It didn't seem to bother him in the least. He was happy that everyone was coming to talk to him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your blog again last nite...Gage is a doll, and I must say he favors his daddy strongly. he must certainly be a joy to you both. Enjoy reading your blog and seeing his pics, and hearing about his progress.