Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

7 Months Old






Today is the day for the monthly update. Gage is 7 months old today. He is getting so big!!! At his last weight check he weighed 22lbs and was 28" long. He is now sitting alone for long periods of time. He tries to scoot forward but manages to go backwards. He still has only rolled back to front once, on the bed, towards the dent in the bed Tony was making. That's probably my fault, since if he is down he is on his tummy, since I am a good OT ;). Yeah, I probably went a little overboard with that one!

He is such a happy baby!!! Except for right this minute. He is in his crib and doesn't want to go to sleep. He has quite a temper about these things!

He's so funny about pictures. He is such a ham! I point the camera and he smiles! I tried to get his "ew, yuck" face while he was eating, but in the pics it looks like he LOVES green peas...this is the closest to a yucky face that I could catch...


he usually just kind of purses his lips and sticks out his tongue with the food on it and makes a face like I am torturing him with the food. He won't swallow if he doesn't like it! So far on the food lists:

GROSS!
Sweet potatoes
peaches
avocado
apples

Tolerable but still not good
squash
pears
water from a cup

MMMMMmmmmm
Mamma's Milk

Oh well. It's not like he's starving and I'm not in a big hurry to add another complication to my day. He'll eat some day.


He is back to sleeping all night, as long as we don't stay out late or mess with his daytime napping. Last night he slept 8pm to 8:40am. That doesn't make it easy for Tony since he didn't get to see him all day, but when he's ready, he's ready. He is hard to wake up if he's not ready to get up, too. Sunday mornings are funny because I have to wake him up usually to get him ready for services. He is usually very snuggly when he first wakes up.


He enjoys giving "kisses" which are slobbery open-mouthed face smooshes. He still enjoys pulling my hair and playing with his Daddy's whiskers. He pulls our faces to him and we say "awww" when he does his smooshy kissy thing to us. He thinks kids and babies are awesome...actually he thinks he's pretty cute himself. If I am getting ready in the morning or just need him occupied while I'm in the bedroom/bathroom area, I put him in front of my full-length mirror in his Bumbo. If he is super fussy at night, his Daddy will take him to the bathroom mirror for a look and that always makes him feel better. It's like "oh, good. I'm still cute!"

He LOVES Katie. He smiles when he sees her and laughs when she does anything at all- wags her tail, plays with her toy, blinks. I have put him down in the floor with her and he pulls all the hair and loose skin he can find and squeals. She just lays there patiently with a motherly knowing look on her face.


He thinks splashing in the bath is fun. The other night he was really mad and wouldn't calm down. I put him in a tub of warm water and he chilled out almost instantly. He likes to play with the water as it comes out of the spout, so I have to be careful with the temp. He splashes himself in the face and gets a surprised look on his face, but immediately does it again.

The child has never met a stranger. I think he would go to the Incredible Hulk and grin at him. He loves people and smiles at everybody. Our trips to Children's have been so much more pleasant because of his disposition.

That same stinkin top tooth is still not all the way through. He also has one I can feel on the bottom. He makes funny sounds with his mouth closed or with his thumb in his mouth...oh yeah...still loves his thumb. It's almost like he's blowing but his thumb or lips are in the way. He also sucks on his top lip sometimes.


And so, I guess that's all for now...here is Gage saying "peace to all you thumb suckers out there"

2 comments:

Adalynn said...

Oh my gosh he is getting so big. We aren't doing good with the belly time. Addie just turned 4 months old. She has had two accidental roll overs from the belly to the back they to were on the bed. We just introduced cereal; we aren't really crazy about it either. I saw that you did the avocado, did you smash it your self and did you add any milk to it? I saw that on the list of first foods in a magazine.

Ashley said...

He sounds like the happiest baby! He's definitely not starving so I wouldn't worry about the food. He'll eat solids when he wants too! :)