Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BIG sigh of relief

Gage and I are chilling out at home after a long stressful day yesterday. We had been watching Gage's soft spot getting full since Thursday or Friday. By Saturday we were concerned and by Sunday we were sure we were looking at surgery #6. Tony was off Monday anyway, so that was good. I called the spina bifida clinic Monday morning. Since it wasn't a clinic day we were told to take him to the ER, so that's what we did. We had to wait just about all day, but Gage had a CT and x-rays and all is well!!! Sometime during the day the shunt apparently released and his head is now back to normal. He was such a good boy all day yesterday and didn't even cry when they strapped him in for the CT. I think he smiled at everyone he saw, and even seemed to think the x-rays were funny. We're sorry all of you were in the dark, but we didn't want to worry anyone if there was nothing to worry about.

After we got the good news, we went to eat with a good friend, which we all quite enjoyed and them came home to crash...only Gage had other plans. No full night's sleep for the Finchers. He wouldn't go to bed and then kept waking up every hour or less. I finally got in bed with him in the guest room and he slept soundly the rest of the night...STINKER! I will win this sleep battle. I just don't have my battle plan nailed down yet!

Oh, one more thing- Gage figured out the Johnny Jump-up! It's so funny! When we got it, I wasn't even sure he would be able to use his legs, and now he's jumping! YAY!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Goodness! That must have been stressful. Glad he is okay. :)

sterlingirl said...

I am so glad everything turned out fine with Gage. I totally empathize with parents now. I can see Gage now smiling at everyone at the ER. Cute, little thing he is!

Emmilu said...

So glad to hear that he's OK! Those jumper things sure are entertaining!! Good luck with the sleep battles!! :)