Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

I have been a slacker blogger lately. Sorry guys! My laptop is near death so I could get online just long enough to check email, but not to post. We finally bought a new laptop Wednesday evening and I am in the process of transfering my old stuff to my new computer...which is difficult given the limited power time on my old one. We got this Gateway from Best Buy and so far we are happy with it.

It beats my old Dell, anyway. Next order of computer business is to get a high-speed connection. Dial-up is killing me with the pictures, and Gage is doing too-cute stuff now so I take a lot!

I forgot to mention that I am posting from my mom's house and computer. They have high-speed internet, so I am more apt to post from here. We will be meeting my mom for lunch today since she had to work and the guys went fishing. We are hoping to have fresh crappie for supper. We'll see how the trip went. Yesterday on our way in we stopped at Mom's bank. I don't think she got to touch Gage from 10 minutes while all the ladies she works with held and talked to him. He just smiled and smiled. He's such a friendly baby. Makes Momma proud.

I guess I am posting in backwards order today, so bear with me. We had an appointment at Children's yesterday. It was for a CT and to see the neurosurgeon to make sure the shunt is still doing it's job. We got there a little early, and knew that she was supposed to be in the surgery center with her little girl, so we walked up to the waiting room to see if they were there. Her name was on the board but not yet checked in, so we walked downstairs where we saw them from the back. I yelled and we got to see each other, meet each others' hubbies and babies, and talk for a minute. It was nice. I don't think we've seen each other since high school graduation (but she hasn't changed a bit :) ). Anyway, we were supposed to go to CT 1st, but they were backed up for an hour and 1/2 so we called up to see if we could go ahead to spina bifida clinic first while we waited. We could and NOBODY was up there. The place was dead! We went right in and saw Dr. O'Brien who said he looked great and didn't need a CT to tell the shunt was working. YAY! He also looked at his back scar and said it looked good, too. Gage managed to charm everybody he saw. He was in an exceptionally good mood and smiled all day long!

If I am going to go eat with my mom today, I guess I better get going! I need to post about our trip to Branson, but don't have time right now. Just know that it was a lot of fun. I will try to post back later with pics. Stay tuned!

Oh, one more quick thing, Parker Wesley Saffold arrived Wednesday night! He was 8lbs 13oz and 20.5" long. Mom and baby are doing well (actually mom sounded awesome when I talked to her!)and should be at home as I type this. Welcome Parker!!!

2 comments:

sterlingirl said...

Awwww, you're so sweet. Doesn't seem like it's been ten years!

Ashley said...

Glad Gage is doing so well!