Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Yay Gage!

Ok, I know I just posted a big ole long update, but he did some more stuff today!

I am so proud of him right now! Tony and I went to lunch today after his work thing. I got a baked sweet potato with my steak and, as usual, let Gage have a taste...well, usually I FORCE Gage to take a taste. Well, this time he didn't make a face and when I approached him with some on my finger again he opened his mouth! THEN, he PULLED MY FINGER TO HIM the next time I offered! YAY! Breakthrough! He also had a little taste of my banana this morning at breakfast, and didn't seem totally grossed out by it.

We went swimming for the first time this morning. There were "big kids" in the hotel pool so he got splashed a lot, but he wasn't upset by it. He then took a really good nap. And while I have been typing this, he has scooted about 6 feet across the floor...backwards. I think he has figured out that he can get somewhere by doing that. Last night, we had a king size bed so we didn't take the Pack n' Play and just let him sleep with us. Gage and I ended up on a twin-sized section of the bed together because he kept snuggling up next to me. When Tony got up I climbed over him to the bigger part of the bed. Silly boy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That's great! It is so cute when babies learn how to crawl. I love the backward scooting!