Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

8 Months Old

Gage was 8 months old yesterday. I know I say this every month, but I just can't believe it! Is this what happens? The time just keeps going faster and faster???

We haven't had him weighed since 7 months, so I have no clue. He seems to be getting taller. Here is a list of things he's doing now:

*shaking his head "no". It's too funny! Sometimes he does it to get away from the spoon of pureed green beans coming at him. Sometimes he just does it for fun.

*He sits up very well without falling over.

*He rocks on his hands and knees, but hasn't gotten that forward motion down yet. He's a "crawfish" though, as his Pops says. He pushes up on his knees then lets his legs go straight, moves his hands back, and does it again so he goes backwards. It's too funny. He can also walk his hands so he spins on his belly.

*He's finally got hair! I don't know when it started growing, and it's still really blond, but it's there. It's longer over his shunt than anywhere else. Someone we go to church with said that it's like his septic tank!

*He decided at some point this month that food was cool. Now he'll eat just about anything! He especially likes things off of my plate- refried beans and sweet potato are favorites. He's also figured out the sippy cup. I got him a Nuby soft spout and he likes it a lot better.

*Still loves Katie. She still puts up with his pulling on her. We were at the Qs yesterday to pick Katie up, and their dog, who pretends to be a friendly puppy when Katie is there, came up to Gage. Katie turned around and snapped at her. I was proud.

*Still no teeth. I can see white spots but none have broken through.

Sleep has been so hit or miss lately. One day he slept a total of 1 hour all day long and then was up at least 5 times that night. Last night he got up once and I just got in bed with him, thinking he'd be up every hour, but he wasn't. My theory is that there is so much going on during the day that he won't slow down to really nurse well and so he is starving at night. Could also be teeth or the fact that he realizes that we're not there, since this is supposed to be the separation anxiety phase. He will go to anyone, but when it's just us, he squalls when he's left alone for a minute.

Here's how Daddy got him to sleep the other night. I thought he was cute all sprawled out.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

He is so cute and so happy! Finger pacifiers are the best!

Whitney said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures!!! He is more adorable every day!

Emmilu said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is 8 months already. Before you know it he will be in Kindergarten! Jess, he is about to CRAWL... It looks like he is in the pics! He is adorable!

Steph said...

What a great post! I love the picture of Gage & Daddy! :)

They just grow so fast, don't they?!

Adalynn said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big and doing so well I am so happy for you guys. We are doing well. We have a lot going on the month of May. So I will have lots of pictures to post.