Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Open for Business!

Baby Capes is open for business!!! I made my first for-sale sling today and I'm working on #2. The first is chocolate brown crinkle cotton gauze with tan stitching. I realized that I should match my thread exactly in the future to cover any oopsies with my sewing...Gauze is forgiving, though, because it's crinkled, so even the straightest line looks curvy. I've decided that my first purchase with my new income is going to be a new sewing machine. I am working with my late grandmother's Sears machine that's probably older than I am...probably quite a bit older than I am actually. I need to make up some cards. We are going to a local festival this weekend and I should have done it before then...oh well. Nathan, who named them "baby capes" is artistically inclined and is supposed to be working on a logo for me. I think I will carry around little pieces with my email address on it to hand out, though. Oh, and I got this gmail address: babycapes@gmail.com. Should be easy to remember! I will post pics as I get them done! I got some really pretty fabric this weekend!

Edited to add: I think I am going to charge $35 for my slings.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Very cool! How much are you charging? I might need one for my babysitting job this summer.

sterlingirl said...

Very cool! I'll be sure to pass the word along.

Steph said...

Very cool! I would love to see pics. So exciting for you!!!