Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

9 Months Old




I'm only a week late. That's not too bad, right?

Gage is so much fun right now...well, during the day, anyway.

*He still isn't crawling, but I am confident that his PT will have him moving in no time.
*He FINALLY started rolling back to front pretty consistently while we were on vacation.
*He insists on feeding himself at times. I try to give him stuff I know he likes on a spoon but he clamps down and won't open up. Then I give him finger food and he chows down. He really likes chunky soup with noodles. They're easy to grab and easy to chew without teeth, I guess.
*His 2 top teeth are *almost* in. There's just a very thin layer still covering them. I sure wish they'd come on through because he hasn't been happy about them.
*He loves the water, but Katie chewed up his pool. We'll have to get a new one.
*He LOVES remote controls and cell phones. If he's in my lap and I answer the phone he grabs and grunts for it the whole time. When Tony calls from work, I often put him on speaker phone and let Gage hold the phone and "talk". We said we weren't going to let him play with out electronics...
*I think he says "Mama" to mean me and "Dada" to mean Tony, but I'm not certain.
*He signs "milk" like there's no tomorrow. It's really pretty funny. When I was taking his pictures for this post, he looked like he was signing "I Dream of Jeanie" or something. ..crossing his arms over and patting...Maybe he wants to watch TV Land.
*Sleep stinks. Maybe it's teeth. Maybe it's separation anxiety. Maybe it's that he got to sleep with me the whole time we were gone. Whatever it is, it must stop. He cried solid for over an hour last night and only got more and more worked up. I went to the library today and got 3 sleep books. They will probably contradict each other, but we can try them in succession until something works. What happened to my 12-hour-a-night 3 month old???
*we have been doing cloth diapers now on and off for a couple of weeks and I really like it. I am trying some different things, thanks to her and I am pretty confident we can do this most of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't posted any garden pics yet this year, so here are some now.

This is the rose bush that I was sure was going to croak. It hasn't gotten much bigger than when I bought it, but it has this beauty plus about 5 more buds on it. It's sister, that I planted at the same time, is HUGE compared to where it started, and looks really healthy, but doesn't have a single bud on it. Not sure what's up with that.

And these are my balloon flowers that I planted last year. I tried to get some more to fill out the rest of this bed, but I can't find them anywhere. The folks at Lowe's said that maybe the nurseries didn't grow any this year or their crop died or something. Oh well. I love these flowers. They are so easy to grow and are so pretty.

Lastly, my slings. I still haven't come up with a good name, but I may just not. I may just do something generic like "Baby Gage Slings" or something. Everything that's been suggested or that I can think of is in use somewhere out there in cyberspace. I really don't plan to ever go national or anything anyway. I just want to help moms around here discover the joy that is babywearing. There are plenty of sling-makers across the country that can fill that need for their area. I am also thinking I may start making pouch slings, which function like a ring sling, but aren't adjustable. There is a shorter learning curve and many moms love them. We'll see. Anyway, just keep a lookout for new links and a new sling website. I hope to get things back up and running soon! In the mean time, if anyone needs a sling for a gift or for themselves, just use the info on the Baby Capes site. I plan to leave it up for a while so nobody gets lost, and I will keep the gmail address for a long time, just in case.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

He is growing so fast! What a big boy. Love the flowers!

Whitney said...

What about Bambino Bag?

Emmilu said...

Oh I like Whit's idea of Bambino Bag! That's catchy! Your flowers are pretty and Gage is huge!! He is so tall.

Rachel said...

haha his hair is awesome in that picture. wish i could have been there to see ya'll the other weekend. hopefully next time!! miss ya!