Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Beach

It was wonderful. The end.

No, really, we had a lot of fun. I drove to my Dad's in N. AL Friday, then Alice, Gage, and I left for Destin Saturday morning. We stopped at a couple of places along the way, including a big fabric store, where I got some really funky sling fabric. We got to the condo at about 5:00pm and everybody else was already there. My Aunt Judy had already stocked the kitchen (no surprise) so we just stayed in for supper. The condo was awesome. We had 2 floors. The bottom was all bedrooms and the top was the kitchen, dining room, and living room. The place was huge! We never could have afforded to stay there if we had been renting (Whitney's boss owns it and we stayed for free!). The days really ran together, so I won't do a day-by-day recount...We spent some time at the beach, some at the pool, and some shopping. The beach was really crowded over the holiday weekend but cleared out by Tuesday and was really nice and quiet. The water was also calmer, then so it was all-around more enjoyable. Alice left Tues, my Aunt Judy and Uncle Mitch left Wed, so after that, it was just my Whitney, Paul, Gage and me. The building where we were staying was deserted! We counted 5 cars in the parking lot one night, including ours. We had the pool to ourselves the whole time. It was so nice! We went shopping one day at the outlet malls and I got a shirt for me and some stuff for Gage at Carter's. Then we went to Goodwill. This one was NICE! I totally scored. Gage got a pair of little sandals that are really cute on him and I got a pair of Born loafers for $7!! I needed some but refuse to spend so much on shoes! They were broken in, but in great shape. Anyway, the rest of the trip was just about relaxing in one location or another! While we were gone, Gage learned to roll back to tummy and his 2 front top teeth became very visible. I think one is cutting through today. I also sold 2 slings- 1 for Paul's new nephew, and one to a stranger who saw me wearing Gage.

We went back to my Dad's Friday and left for home Sat. We dug up some oak-leaf hydrangea to try here, so I am about to go out and try to plant them. I don't have much hope that they will make it, but we'll see.

Our first beach day. I had to use the strap of Gage's sunglasses to hold his hat on because it was so windy.




Hanging at the pool


Pretending like we actually made this sandcastle. It was someone else's that I posed him in front of.


Eating sand...


And happy about it!

We were glad to get home. We really missed Tony and he missed us. We are going to have to un-do bad sleeping habits now since Gage slept with me the whole time we were gone. He's in his bed crying now.

In other news, Baby Capes are going to have to be renamed...I got an email from the owner of this website www.babycapesonline.com. The name is trademarked and she asked me kindly to change the name...guess I will but I don't have any ideas...anybody else have any?

7 comments:

Casey said...

so glad to see you back. Looks like Gage had a blast!

Let me know when you change the name so I can change the link on my blog.

If I have any ideas, I will definitely let you know.

Emmilu said...

What a good beach bum he is!! Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry about the name thing.... If I think of anything I"ll let you know.

Ashley said...

Looks like a great trip! I wonder how she found your blog? That's kinda crazy!

sterlingirl said...

Squee!! I can't wait til our trip to Destin in August now!!

Baby Bags?? No. I didn't think so. Sounds a little barbaric, eh?

Adalynn said...

These are the cutest pictures. He is so stinking happy. We got to meet Parker this weekend Addie attempted to eat his foot. I will put up pictures soon. That is so bizarre that the lady found your site. How 'bout "Sling Your Baby"? I will keep thinking

Courtney said...

Seriously, I just want to squeeze Gage for being as dang cute as he is!! What a knock-out!
I totally remember the beautiful beaches out there...what a fun trip!

Valerie V. said...

i've been trying to think of something...the only thing up to this point is Tag-a-longs. At least maybe it will give you some ideas??