Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hard Workin Man

Gage started PT Tuesday and went again today. We are all pretty excited about it. First, we love the therapist. She used to work in the SB Clinic at Children's. She is really sweet and fun. I went with him to the treatment gym Tuesday. She really worked him hard! He is quite the lazy bones and probably wasted more energy fighting her to do it the easy way than if he had just done it her way. I can see that he is probably going to take off with her help. Today I stayed in the waiting room and he did fine. He was glad to see me when they got done and looked tired, though! I hope he keeps going to her without a problem.

He has 4 teeth now- 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. Because of that, I have gotten to sleep for the last 3 nights in a row! Shhhhh, don't tell Gage I told you that!
Last night, he woke up at about 2:45, but put himself back to sleep before I even got in his room.

Today after therapy and a nap, Gage had a big time in his new little pool. Katie got the 1st one :(. Tony says the video from today is not public-blog material, but I can share these pics.

The spoon was his favorite toy to play with. He held on to it just about the whole time. If he didn't have it, he was figuring out how to get to it.

He was "swimming" backwards, just like he "crawls." He made circles around the pool in reverse.

5 comments:

Adalynn said...

You stayed in the waiting room! Wow, I know that was probably hard as a parent but what you knew he needed as a therapist. I am working part-time for my OT friend this summer and we have lots of babies coming in. They are so super cute!! I can't wait to hear how he progresses. What is she working on?

sterlingirl said...

I bet Gage sleeps good after his PT!! I love hearing such good news about him. Always brings a smile to my face.

Emmilu said...

Yea Gage!! I'm glad he's off to a good start with PT! That picture of him with the spoon is soo cute!!

Joye said...

That pool pic is priceless. He is such a cute baby. Everytime I see him in a pic he makes me smile. Such a sweetie!

Ashley said...

Love the spoon pic! He is a cutie!