Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

11 Months Old

Photobucket
SIGH
Is is really time for this again? Is my baby really nearly a year old??? These updates seem to come faster with each month! I only have one more of these to do!!!

This month:

Development:
weighed 24lbs at ACH last week
forget the length measurement
Wears mostly 18month size clothes and size 2 shoes (tiny feet!)
still no locomotion, but he's working on it in PT
has 4 teeth with 2 more almost in
sleep got better but then these teeth started coming in and it's bad again. I have stopped nursing him at night so it takes a little longer to get him back down when he wakes up. We are doing a modified "cry it out" program. I don't pick him up and let him cry in his crib, but pat and let him hold my hand. If we just leave him he get more and more worked up and won't get close to going to sleep!
He had cut down to 1 nap a day for a week or so. I was SO sad, but it seems that it was temporary. I need to get better about keeping him on a schedule for naps and bed time. That might help!


Communication:
Gage is definitely saying Mama and Dada to mean us. It's so cute!
Waves "bye bye" on command pretty consistently.
does "Pat-a-cake" all the way through by himself and does "down came the rain" of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" by himself
doesn't sign "milk" as much but will sign while he nurses

Food:
Has decided that he loves yogurt- specifically blueberry Oikos Greek Style from Stonyfield Farms.
Eats Cheerios all the time
tolerates some fruits when I put them in his mouth
loves potatoes in any form
likes fish
pretty much gets bites of whatever we are eating and does well with most of it. Last week at Firehouse, we ordered him a ham and cheese sandwich because kids eat free on Wed...why not? I just gave him little pieces of the ham and cheese.
still nurses at least 6 times a day. I don't see that ending any time soon



Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Emmilu said...

So are you planning the big party yet?!

Whitney said...

I'm so happy to see picture updates! I miss you guys so much! Counting down the days until Thanksgiving!!!

Ashley said...

Such a big boy! So glad to see that he is doing so great. :)

Joye said...

Those tiger pics are my favs. I love to look back when you had him propped up against it and then now. He is such a little man!

Adalynn said...

He is so awesome!!! I was hoping to plan a trip to Conway this summer and meet up with you guys and Sarah and Parker. BUT the summer is almost over:( I can't believe he is almost a year old!!!

Steph said...

The pictures are so adorable! They grow up fast, don't they?!