Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ACH

I hate posting twice in one day. I feel like people see the newest post, but not the others, but I wanted to post this! I was just watching the CBS evening news (I NEVER do this! I can't stand Katie Couric!), and they did a piece on newborns and pain. They were in the ACH NICU for the story! They interviewed some of the docs and showed a couple of the babies there. I knew things looked familiar when it first came on, but I just figured most NICUs looked the same.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Katie Couric is an idiot! Pretty cool recognizing the hospital. What did they say about pain?

Jessica said...

They basically said that babies feel pain just as adults do, but it tends to be overlooked. Docs are more focused on lifesaving than pain control.

sterlingirl said...

Oh, poor babies. That makes my heart hurt...

Ashley said...

That breaks my heart! I hope doctors start doing more for them.