Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally settling down!

Wow! I have been MIA for quite a while, haven't I? We've been a busy family! First, my brother Nathan was here for 2 weeks. I enjoyed having him. We get along really well and it was nice to have some company. He marked the creek trail with his GPS then put it in Google Earth. Cool!

Last weekend we went to Magic Springs with Tony's parents. Nathan had never been to any kind of amusement park, so I'm glad he got to go. I was surprised at how much fun we had at the park! It was really hot but Gage just went with the flow. He got to ride the merry-go-round and really loved it! You can't tell from the video, but he was holding the bar and rocking back and forth like "go faster!". It was really cute.



One thing about this place that was different than anywhere I've ever been...they had FREE fountain drinks and water! I couldn't believe it! You just walked up to the drink station and got your ice and Pepsi product! We drank way too much Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper, but it was nice to have available since we usually spend so much on refreshments at parks.

Here he is gnawing on rib bone at McClard's in Hot Springs. Silly Boy.


This week, my parents have been at the lake. We spent a lot of time up there with them and had a good time. Gage took his first ride in a boat and we played in the lake some. I got a killer tan :). A friend of mom's invited us to the pool twice in the week, so we did that while the boys fished. Gage much preferred the pool since he didn't have to have his straight jacket, I mean life jacket. We figured out if we put him in the crab float too, he could at least sit upright.

We finished the week with a fish fry last night. MMMMmmmm. We had some speckled trout fried that my stepdad caught down on the Gulf, and some fresh, never frozen grilled trout that the guys caught this week on the White river. I have never had it that way, but WOW it was good!

Tony wants to sell his bass boat. Any takers??

Oh, and Gage figured out how to get his diaper off...we usually use Fuzzi Bunz, which have snaps, but I use these Just Ducky ones that Emily gave me for swim diapers and he figured out how to get them off. He also discovered the wonders that are kept in his diaper, too...BOYS!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Fish fry, yummy! Sounds like you have had a fun but busy couple weeks. Summers are great for that!

Emmilu said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys have had a great time! Liam loves to be naked... and he does love his parts too!