Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

No use crying over spilled milk.

What a morning!!! Gage apparently has a little cold. I'm guessing that's why he woke up in the middle of the night. He has a crusty yellow nose. Gross! I had crusty yellow noses!

Anyway, he got up at 7 and I just decided to stay up, even though I know he doesn't really wake up before 8:00. He nursed and went right back to sleep on me but I didn't put him down. It was kind of nice to snuggle with him. He's a great snuggler!

After he woke up again, I got my diaper laundry out of the washer and took it out on the deck to hang it up to dry. Realizing what a nice, cool morning it was (is it still August?), I decided that we should go for a walk. We loaded up and I took Katie. I put the shock collar on her, but it pooped out about 1/2 way through. The batteries are dead. She did really well for most of the walk. I just had to keep saying "heal" and she stayed with me. There are lots of un-penned dogs in our neighborhood, and since we're in the country on a very quiet, dead-end road, we never leash her. She sometimes runs and barks at the dogs that run up on and bark while we walk, but she always asserts her dominance and then comes on. Two neighbor dogs joined us on the way home. She's friends with them, so this wasn't a problem at first...and then we got to the with 3 dogs. She's friends with one that stays inside, but not the other 2, and those were out. The one stayed out of her way, but the other decided to pick a fight. Katie ran at him and pinned him. I didn't think much of it because she does that sometimes, wins, then comes on with us. Then the other 2 got in on it and she just kept going. I had to walk away with Gage. I decided I would just go home and come back to pick her up, but she finally came running after me. Her face was covered in blood, but it's not hers. I went back down there after I put her inside, and he seems okay. I am going to call them if I can find their number, or leave them a note, just so they know what happened. I'm hoping the fact that it was Katie will make it okay because they love Katie. I don't think she would have done that if the other dogs hadn't been there, but since they were, she felt the need to "protect the pack."

Then I came home and spilled my cereal milk in my lap. I hollered when I did because the milk was so cold. That scared Gage and he cried. He's napping now. That car seat better show up later today! I need a pick-me-up!

Gage and I get to go to Mountain Home with Tony Tuesday through Thursday. He is going to do some presentations at the hospital there, but won't be working all day, so we'll have time to do something. I haven't looked into what we'll do yet, but it's always fun to get away for a day or 2.

And finally, some pics.


What a sweet face!!! I love this boy!He and Katie were "helping" me fold clothes. He thinks his puppy is really funny!
Asleep on Daddy. If ever I have trouble getting him to go to bed, I just give him to Tony and he goes to sleep in minutes.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Those cheeks are absolutely adorable! I'm not quite getting this weather either. Not complaining though because it's so nice. I really hope this doesn't mean we have another really cold and long winter!

Emmilu said...

He is really starting to look more grown up in the face! What a big boy! Did your carseat arrive?

Adalynn said...

Cute Pictures!!! Addie will not let us hold her while she sleeps!! Every once in a while it happens but not usually. He is so precious. I love that Katie is always with him.