Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brace Yourself!

Gage got his first set of AFOs today (edit- AFO= ankle foot orthosis)! I am excited! We start slow with them- 2 hours a day (1hour a.m. 1 hour p.m.). So far, so good! He doesn't quite know what to make of them yet. The kid has rarely ever worn more than socks and he's been completely barefoot all summer. These are really light and flexible. I really like them! They are easily hidden by his shoe and sock.

We went after therapy to 2 shoe stores and bought the Nike's shown below, but they're going to have to go back. The sales person wasn't very helpful and I felt like I was putting him out, so I didn't do all the checking I should have. These just don't have enough room in the toe area. If he would straighten out his toes on top of the pad thing, they would be smooshed by the shoe. MAN they're cute, though!






3 comments:

Ashley said...

What does AFO stand for? First I thought you were referring to the shoes, Air Force Ones!

Adalynn said...

Oh my goodness that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. The shoes and the AFO's.

Emmilu said...

Lookin' good Gage! On with the walking!!