Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

I love nurses!

We just got back from Gage's 12 month well-baby visit and got to see a nurse practitioner. We love our pediatrician, but nurses just do things differently. She really took a lot of time with us, even though we were 20 minutes late for the appointment (I need an alarm clock that goes off and tells me where I have to be each day!). She went over the vaccination schedule with me and we came to an agreement that we can both be comfortable with. She was really pleased with Gage's social development- no surprises there. She asked if he was talking or gesturing and as I was telling her his words he started saying "byebye" and waving, then signed "more" and "eat" for her. What a good boy. He got 2 shots today and only wimpered for a minute.

Stats:
25lbs, 1 oz - 80th %ile (Down from 95th)

29 1/2 inches- 75th %ile (WOO HOO! This is up from 50th. We thought he was a shorty. He must just have short legs and be making up for it in torso height).

Head circ is up there in the 97th percentile. The NP seemed a little concerned, but his head has been soft so I'm not worried. I am not sure the nurse that measured him did it right, anyway.

We go to Children's tomorrow to see Dr. Ready, the urologist that flies in. As usual, not looking forward to that appointment, although we love Dr. Ready.

Goings on in the last couple of weeks:
I got a new sewing machine.
I love it. I have already made another sling and a Mai Tai for me. Gage has gotten so heavy that the one-shoulder thing just isn't cutting it for more than just a few minutes.

Gage and I went to see Grumpy and Addie (my dad and step mom). Uncle Dusty and Aunt Rachel came too and we got to see AJ, AC, and Cousin Whitney for lunch Saturday. My dad and Alice just moved into a cool old house back in Tennessee. They have a pool now, so we were glad it stayed warm enough for us to use it. Gage really had fun with all the family. He didn't have time to get bored since there was always someone around to play with him and talk to him. Here are some pics from the trip:






5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the tree pics with Grumpy. I'm glad you were allowed to put the picture up of him in the Titans shirt, we figured that would be against the law or something. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Emmilu said...

What a Ham!!! He is so cute! Glad his checkup went well.

Whitney said...

I agree with Rachel, I think one of my favorite pictures is Gage in the tree! Loved seeing you guys!!! Can't wait to see you again at Thanksgiving!!! Love, Whit

Steph said...

Looks like he had tons o fun! And glad to hear that all went well with his checkup.

Ashley said...

Love all the pictures! Glad to see he has some Tennessee influence in his life. :)