Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Collegiate



Gage is quite the college man these days. By the time he is ready for college, he will already know UCA well. I posted about our trip to the PT department last week- here are the 2 (terrible) pics I got.

Last Thursday we went to my friend Khandra's nutrition class. I should have written something down. For some reason lecture-style things make me nervous and I can't finish a thought.

Last night, all 3 of us went to UCA again for the LEND program...not sure what that means, exactly, but I know it's an interdisciplinary group. We were in the OT pediatrics lab and Gage and I sat on a mat in the floor while Tony filled out an info sheet at a table behind us. My peds instructor was there along with an audiologist or 2, a PT student and instructor, a social worker, a pediatrician, and a nutrition student and instructor. It was fun. I was a lot more at ease and told Gage's story while he played with the OT. They asked questions to keep us going and elaborating and it was just very relaxed. Gage was an angel. He let them all mess with him and showed them what he could do- he crawled, said a few words and showed them his signs. His therapist told me that apparently his legs turn to jello when she wants him to walk, so he didn't show them that. Funny that they are just fine when he is standing and playing with Play doh. We were asked a couple of times, "Is he always this happy?" It's a question we're used to hearing. He really is such a happy kid.

It's funny- I think they were more interested in his super-cute cloth diaper than his motor abilities! I managed to throw in that he is still rear-facing in the car, too, and will be until he reaches the 35lb rear-facing weight limit. I forgot my sling, so I guess that's my only "crunchy" thing that I didn't get in.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the diaper too! It's orange! :)

Emmilu said...

Yes, I noticed the cloth diaper! Super cute!

Joye said...

I do love how they are all sitting round him just googling. By the way, cute diaper, how hip!