Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Good citizenship...foiled!

So I was going to be a good citizen for the first time in my life and vote in this election. I found the deadline for sending in my form, filled it out via www.rockthevote.com and sent it to my Secretary of State's office. I got it in the mail in plenty of time. That was over a month ago now and I haven't heard anything. So I called the county clerk's office this morning and they have no record of me registering to vote. So I called the Sec. of State's office...they just told me that the receive the forms and forward them to the county clerks and that they have gotten them all out. So I guess I can't vote. The deadline is long past so I can't just fill out another form. I can go get some form at the clerk's office and "vote" but it will only be counted if my original form shows up. This is pretty much par for the course for our postal service. I'm so mad!!!

1 comment:

Emmilu said...

well, that's a bummer.