Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prayers Please

Please pray for Tony's cousin (2nd? 4th?) Barry and his wife. They lost their little boy today after he got tangled in the cord on their blinds at home. He was taken to Children's in Little Rock yesterday where he was found to be brain dead. His parents had to make the decision to stop life support today. They also have a little girl and are expecting another little girl in a few months. I don't know any other details and, in fact, these may be off. I am not even sure exactly how old this little one was. I can't let myself think about it too long. It's just heartbreaking.

4 comments:

sterlingirl said...

Keep us updated. It is truly heartbreaking.

Steph said...

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry. You & your family are definitely in my prayers. I can't even imagine having to go through something like this.

Casey said...

OMG. No!! I have seen those cord wraps and stuff for the blinds, but I never thought that could really happen. OMG
Big prayers for Tony's cousin's family.

Emmilu said...

Jessica that's terrible.... I'm so sorry. We will be praying for Tony's family.