Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

What a time in Central Arkansas

It's been a rough week to be a Central Arkansan. Last week, news reporter Anne Pressly was brutally attacked in her home. She passed away Saturday in the hospital. The rumors claim that it was much worse than is being reported So sad.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1008/564436.html

Then last night, there was a shooting at UCA, my alma mater, that killed 2 and injured 1. I watched the press conference and have read and seen some info on one of the ones involved...lets just say I can't imagine that anybody up to any good at all. They now have 2 suspects in custody and act like they know where the other 2 are. We know several UCA students and faculty...actually, we are scheduled to go there tomorrow for another "show and tell" with Gage. Crazy!
http://www.uca.edu/web/weblog/index.php?itemid=2110&catid=10

4 comments:

Ashley said...

When I heard that on the news I thought that was close to you. Be careful!

Steph said...

Been thinking about you Jessica, and wondering how close you were to all the craziness. The Columbine High School incident was about 10 miles from me, so I know how crazy/scary/sad it can be. Hang in there!

Courtney said...

Jess...wow...so much has been happening with you! I am so sorry for your recent family loss...it just makes me sick thinking about those poor parents and all the crazy emotions they must be feeling. Seriously, I will pray for them. That is something only God will be able to help them through. You are awesome and I LOVE that your mailbox perps were caught!

Emmilu said...

that's scary. I'm getting to where I don't even want to watch the news anymore. Stay safe.