Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

And we're back

Sorry it's taken me so long to post! I just got my laptop back (thank you, Chad...no thank you Gateway!). I was unwilling to type out a novel on the desktop just to have it lock up on me.

We've been a busy family. The Ford Family Thanksgiving was a blast as always. You know you are at a Tennessee Thanksgiving when you walk in and this is what you see.


Yeah, that's a bunch of handguns on the kitchen table. Mine is the one closest to the bottom of the pic. It seems that I was just ahead of my time in getting my carry permit. Now everyone else is getting one too.

We had a grand time watching the Titans, eating, visiting, and eating some more. We missed Reid and Erin L. there, though. Here is the family pic, before editing...supposedly we are photoshopping Rachel (who had already left) and Mitch in.


Cherry's green slime saw a little action...very little. Gage liked it, though.


Before arriving at the FFTG, we were in Chattanooga at Scott and Ally's, meeting my new nephew Silas. OH what a sweet boy! Gage thought he was kinda neat, as long as Mama wasn't holding him. He thought he was hot and took his socks off for him. We tortured them and put them in Santa suits for pics. Neither boy thought that was very much fun, but we got some decent pics. I thought this was the sweetest!

We went to the Tennessee Aquarium with them and had a blast there. Gage thought it was pretty cool. I don't have any of the pics from there because I forgot my camera :(. I'll have to remember to ask for those.

When we got home, Gage got his very own walker! I will have to get some action shots of him using it. He does pretty well with it. He just hasn't figured out that he has to bring it with him yet. I can push it and he will walk all day long. He also got something called Theratogs, which we hate. They are a good idea, but just a real pain to use.

This weekened the Finchers will be gathering at my house for some Christmas festivities. We are looking forward to seeing the Chattanooga Finchers again and getting to know Silas a little better. The next weekend will be Christmas with Mom, John, Nate, and the Armstrongs, then New Years will be Dad, Alice, Dusty and Rachel here. It will be busy, but I'm looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Emmilu said...

I've missed you! That picture of Gage and Silas is too cute!! He looks like a big brother!! Glad you all are doing well! Have a Merry Christmas!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Your Thanksgiving reminds me of another I saw online...your pics are similar...check it out...www.lovefromlv.blogspot.com...precious girl on there

Ashley said...

Looks like a good time! Joseph wants to get a gun now that we are having a baby. :)

Joye said...

Sweet pics of Gage! He is growing so much. Welcome back.

Steph said...

Glad to see you back Jessica! I am MIA from blogging now, but I like to check in to see how everyone else is doing. I LOVE the new picture of Gage at the top of your blog. He is growing up so fast!!! I hope you & your family have a very Merry Christmas! Email me if you'd like at williamspublic at comcast dot net.