Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Gage update

Sneaky boy behind the couch


He must have just fallen over asleep.


"helping" mom paint the potty room That's a whole roll of toilet paper in his lap/around his shoulders.

Talking in the tub.


I haven't done one of these in a while, so I guess it's time.

Gage will be 17 months old Wednesday. He just started pulling up to stand on his own last week. His PT claims he can cruise 3 steps back and forth while holding on to something, but he won't do it here. He just drops and crawls. He is getting really good at walking with his walker and while holding our fingers. He still isn't propelling the walker forward more than a step or 2, but it will come. He is trying to eat with utensils but just ends up making a huge mess. It's funny to watch, though...Katie sure loves this stage since she gets to go on crumb duty when he gets done eating. I have started tricking him into eating things that are good for him. So far our successes have been pureed green bean or fruit in either grits or scrambled eggs. He will not eat either green beans or fruit by itself...I guess it's a texture thing. He is so much fun to play with and talk to. He chatters constantly and has a pretty good vocabulary in my opinion. He has yet to meet a stranger. I am so proud of him!

Here are his words- (the ones that are bold he also signs)
Daddy
Mama
MawMaw
PawPaw
Nana
Dusty
Addie
more
milk
please
bite
bye bye
night night
ball
diaper (BI pur)
puppy
bath
baby
no
up
hi
Bible
book
drink
eyes (can point to eyes)
nose (can point to nose)
(points to ears)
shoes
meow
woof woof
it's okay
I know it
ouch
thank you
O's
eat
fish
arm


Signs only
wash hands
brush teeth
all done
kitty (although he does say meow when he signs it)
hat
socks (I know it's socks, but it's not quite accurate)

He LOVES Baby Signing Time. He gets so excited when the TV screen goes blue because he thinks I'm about to turn it on. He starts signing "baby" when it comes on, or he wants to watch it because they sing and sign, "Baby, baby, baby signing time" at the beginning of the show. It's too cute.

He also tries to help me get him dressed. He tries to put any piece of clothing on and usually he will attempt to get it in the right place. He also helps to put the "chip" in his braces when we put them on.

I'm sure I'll be back to edit as I think of more! Also, check back for a video. I am going to try to get him to show off his signs and words on camera ;)

4 comments:

Emmilu said...

That is such a sweet age!! Just before the terrible twos... and the terrible threes. Hold on to your hat Mommy! Although, the boy still has his sweet moments... the other night he told B. that "Mommy is my best friend". Awwww :)

allie said...

Awwww, we miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you again....give GAge hugs from us...especially from his cousin Silas :)

love you!
allie

Ashley said...

Sounds like he is doing great! I've heard the Baby Sign videos are really good. I'm thinking about getting them for Maggie.

Courtney said...

I could just due over how cute kids are when they start saying words...love it!