Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

San Antonio trip, Part 2

So we went back to Sea World for a 2nd day and saw all of the shows a 2nd time. Shamu was good again, but I LOVED Viva! (the Dolphin show). It is a Cirque de Sole style show with high divers, synchronized swimmers, dolphins, and beluga whales. It was awesome!!

I also loved the sea lion show. It was called The Cannery Row Caper and was a funny show with a story line. This is the only show Gage actually watched without crying. Apparently the loud music and clapping is too much for him.

We went to see Pirates 4-D and all 3 kids were crying by the time it was over. Gage SCREAMED. It was awful.

Nathan is now a pro roller coaster rider. He rode the Steel Eel 6 times in one day! This was no dinky roller coaster, either. It has a 15 story drop! I have a pic of us on that that I need to scan in and post. It's really funny.

We let the kids play in the little kid area for a while. Gage liked crawling in the tube:
Ally got to ride a "real" ride with her Daddy and Bubba:

After Sea World we wanted to sit down to eat, but something kinda fast and where it didn't matter that we were sweaty. We found this Mexican dive close to the house and decided to try it. We walked in and saw that everyone there was hispanic. The signs on the walls were in Spanish. The menu was mainly in Spanish...our waitress did not speak a WORD of English. We managed on what little is left of my high school Spanish and lots of pointing. The food was really good, and we thought it was a neat experience.

The next day we went downtown and checked out the Alamo and Riverwalk area. We didn't go into the Alamo and really didn't even get that close because there was an attack dog demo going on in front of it, but it was still kinda neat. We walked around the mall a while, got some Marble Slab ice cream, and waited for our boat tour. It was a lot hotter than I anticipated, but still fun. They were setting up for a parade on the river so there were chairs everywhere. It cost money to get a seat and we weren't sure how kid friendly it would be, so we left. We ended up at another mall and ate at PF Changs. MMMMmmm...lettuce wraps....Not exactly local fare, but well worth it.
Ally on the boat. Her hat wouldn't come down over her pig tails:

Ally and Gage watching Signing Time...sweet sweet babies!

Tuesday we began the long trip home. We stopped at Cabellas and 2 outlet malls before we even got to Austin. Then we stopped in West, TX at the Czech Stop and bought some kolachas. MMmmm.

We arrived home at about 10:30 that night. When we got there, all of the kids were asleep. Gage went right to bed. Ally cried because she wanted to go "upstairs" in the "new house" and Nathan tried to crawl into the cargo area of Chad and Tonya's Jimmy because he thought it was the Tahoe. It was a great trip! I can't wait to do it again!

Some that I missed in Part 1
Bass Pro:


Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Glad y'all got a chance to get away for awhile. Gage is getting to be such a big boy!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I’m the Community Manager of Ruba.com. We’re building a website to highlight some of the most interesting places travelers around the world have discovered. We’ve read hundreds of blogs about San Antonio and we think that this post is awesome! We’d love to highlight excerpts from your blog (assuming it’s OK with you of course) and to discuss other ways of tapping into your expertise if you are interested. I’m at erin[at]ruba.com.
Thanks! :)