Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good Day

I sit here now in our private room, with our queen sized Aero bed blown up and ready to go (you're a life-saver Matt!!), and Gage happily watching Signing Time for the 4th time today. He's about to go to sleep, I think, and we are too. It was a really good day today. Gage made progress by leaps and bounds. PT came in this morning to work with him. He moved his head around some and Gage was NOT happy about that...but after the PT left, I guess he decided that it wasn't so bad after all and began moving it back and forth on his own. We even went to the play room where he sat on my lap and held his head up by himself and jammed to the music he was making on the little keyboard he was playing with. He took a LONG nap after lunch and then PT and OT came to see him again. He wasn't happy about that either- he had been asleep for so long in the same position that his neck was stiff. He cried and the PT set him up on a bench while the OT played in front of him. I was proud when she said "he has EXCELLENT fine motor skills" (yes, I know, thank you, thank you :) ).

Later, Matt and Owen brought us supper and Gage and Owen rode in the wagon together. It was sweet and Gage really enjoyed getting out of the room and riding around.

Here is a pic I got of him yesterday with his "pone" and fire hat. He was a little doped up...

And today when he decided throwing his legs down on the bed was great fun

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Kids are amazing! So glad Gage is recovering well.

sterlingirl said...

Awwww, these pictures made my heart melt. Yes, kids are amazing!