Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Next week

Not much going on right now, but I did want to say a little about next week. Gage's surgery is Monday. We won't know what time until sometime Sunday when they call us for all of the pre-op stuff. I'm guessing it will be a lengthy surgery since he is having to do 2 separate surgeries at one time, and they are both kid of tedious. I will update here ASAP, so check back often next week if you want to know what's going on. I think this will be easier than sending out a bunch of emails. We are taking our laptop and there is computer access in the rooms. Gage will be put in the PICU for a night or 2 after surgery, then be moved to the floor for the duration of his stay. We expect to be there about a week, barring any complications. I don't think Gage will be up for visitors until he is out of the PICU. I'm not sure about the visitation policy there anyway.

I don't know exactly what to say about how I feel about all of this without making you all think that I'm not dealing well. I am, really. I just already know it's hard to hand my baby boy over and know he will come back to me grouchy and in pain. I know he is in good hands, though- both those that will be physically working on him, and those of his Heavenly Father who will be overseeing it all. We appreciate all of your prayers and we promise to keep you updated next week!!

2 comments:

MaeMae said...

You can trust God and not like it at the same time - He expects us to be human at the same time He enables us to be at peace. It doesn't mean it's easy - it just means you can be at peace.

MaeMae said...

You can trust the Lord and not like it at the same time. He just asks us to trust Him. He still knows we are human even though He enables us to be at peace. And being at peace doesn't mean it is easy. It is okay not to like it! Love you so much.