Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On the floor

Forgive this being one really long paragraph. I haven't been able to connect on my laptop and this compter wants to post the entry when I hit enter instead of moving the cursor down. We are settling into our (tiny) room on 4D now. We had a rough night last night, but things are better now. The baby in the room next to Gage had a lot of alarms in her room that kept going off, so we were up about every hour last night. Tony slept in a waiting room and I stayed with Gage. It's nice to be out of ICU but I wish we still had a private room. We don't have any neighbors right now, but I'm sure that will change. We are on the list for a private room...we'll see. If that doesn't pan out today, Tony will stay here and I'll go home tonight to sleep. My mom is here, so I'll just go with her. Gage is more himself now than he has been since surgery. He's currently watching Cars while talking on his "pone"(call button) and wearing his fireman hat that Daddy brought him back from eating at Firehouse for lunch. He hasn't had any pain meds in a while and still seems to be feeling well. We talked to the neurosurgeon this morning and he was pleased with how things have been going. A PT will come work with him somtime today or tomorrow on his neck range and will probably try to get him sitting up a little. Speaking of PTs, his usual one came to visit today. It was good to see her, although it was at a time when Gage wasn't too happy. I guess that's all for now. We're pretty ragged but hanging in. The people here are awesome. I've gotten several emails,comments here, and texts from some of you and want you to know that I appreciate every one. The hospital is still wanting to block blogger so I am not always able to approve comments and such. If you post here, I get them and they'll show up eventually. I need to go, but we really appreciate everyone's prayers and concern!

3 comments:

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Hey Jessica...I am glad to hear all is well. You made it through! And Gage...what a trooper. He'll probably be a new child now....I know Ciaran was after her detethering.

Question...whenever you get to it. Does Gage eat much...not now after surgery, but in general?

Beverly said...

Our hearts and prayers are with you. So glad he's doing so well. What a little trooper! Sounds like Momma and Daddy are pretty tough too. ;) We'll keep you in our prayers.

Adalynn said...

Oh wow! It sounds like things are going great! I know a little boy named Gage too that also had a Ciari Decompression kinda strange? He had a Ciari Malformation? I don't know a lot about it but seem to be learning more from you guys! We are praying for Gage and you guys as you care for him! Take care of yourself!