Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Rested up

We had a good night last night. We gave Gage some of his drugs around 9:30 and he was out by 10. We got to sleep all night in our own beds- and soundly, too. Apparently I talked in my sleep. Gage started stirring at around 7:30 this morning so I went to get him....and found a stinky, unwelcome surprise all over him and his bed. It was awful. Tony had to clean most of it up because I was afraid I would hurl. Gage had to get a quick bath, which didn't make him happy when he wasn't really awake and I'm sure sore. His dressing had to come off (it was supposed to today anyway) because it was dirty, too. That wasn't fun. Poor baby. I'm glad he wasn't in bed with us last night!!!

He sat with me for a while this morning and had some breakfast, and now at 9:45 he is asleep again. His drugs really knock him out.

We really, really, really appreciate everyone- your prayers, calls, messages, goodies, etc. We really feel so blessed!

4 comments:

sterlingirl said...

It almost makes me tear up (in a good way) thinking about how tough Gage is. And knowing what it's like to see your baby with dressing and stiches. I can connect to you in that way. Makes my heart hurt but at the same time, proud of you, Tony, and Gage! I can't wait to hear about the newest baby sister or brother!

Joye said...

So glad things went smoothly and yall are back home.

tea_time said...

Yikes, not a fun way to start the day! Poor little guy and poor momma. I'd be gagging too! Did he take his diaper off or was it just a big ole' explosion?

Glad you're home though!
(this is anneg btw)

Emmilu said...

oh, yuck! I'm so glad he's home and you all are more comfortable!