Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just can't keep up

We've been a busy family. The visit with Dusty, Rachel and Nate was a lot of fun but too short. Dad and Alice came last week and we enjoyed them too, but again, too short. They helped me get Evie's room all put together and I love it! We didn't stick to "the plan" but wow, I'm happy with how it turned out. I will upload 1 of the pics to blogger for you people who are reading from a place that blocks Photobucket, but it's just too easy to copy and paste the code, and takes too long to upload it all, so if you want to see the rest, you'll have to check from another computer or something ;).


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is her already-full closet!! VERY little of this is brand new stuff. The grandparents have bought a few things, but most of it is hand-me-downs or consignment finds!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the dresser drawers are full, too!!
Anyway, while Dad and Alice were here, they kept Gage while I went to my OB to have the 1 hour glucose tolerance test, which I failed. I had to go back Tuesday to do the 3 hour (got stuck FOUR times!!) and I passed it, so that's good. I'll be watching my sugar intake a little more closely, I guess. I'm on 2 week appointments now, so I'll go back again next week. The drive to Little Rock for such short appointments gets old, but I love my doctor and my hospital, so I don't mind.

Friday and Saturday was the yearly ladies trip. We stayed at a lodge in Branson (that I found :) ) and shopped and ate and laughed. It was a great trip. I let Tony take the camera with him to his parents (he didn't even use it!) so I have no pics to post.

Wednesday, Gage and I went to UCA again to the PT lab. He didn't make any big milestones while we were there, but he did well and the students seemed to enjoy him. He was good most of the time, except when his PT wanted him to do something that looked like work...stinker. He's still doing well. We didn't take the walker in to church last night, and just held his hand to walk. He would rather have his walker, but it's gotten too easy. We'll probably keep using it for longer walks, but he's gotten good enough at the hand holding thing to ditch it most of the time. He just decided while at his Nana and Pops' house that he knew how to stand up in the middle of the floor by himself! His PT tries to get him to do it in therapy with her help and, in her words, "you would think I was twisting his leg off at the hip". Well, he can do it. He just chooses not to. I have yet to see him get all the way up himself, but Tony claims he did it several times last weekend.


Finally, I took some 2 year pics of Gage with the tiger last week. I didn't think to keep taking one a year after his 1st birthday, DUH!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Evie will be very well dressed! Room looks great. Glad you passed the 3 hour test. That junk is so nasty to drink, yuck!

Emmilu said...

I love your pink and purple stack of cloth diapers!!!