Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today was a busy day. We went to therapy this morning and Gage did really well. Last week, he was not allowed to sit and play with Derek, at the front desk, and type on his computer because he acted SO bad for his therapist. Today was a totally different story. He was good for the whole session and was sitting in Derek's lap when I came to pick him up. His PT said he was good the whole time and even had something to show me. She put him against the wall, and he walked to Derek, taking 15 steps by himself in between!! That's a new record for him! I am so encouraged by his progress!!

We came home for a nap, then had to go for a well-child visit at his pediatrician's office...What I wouldn't have given for a bubble to sit in! It's nice and clean and all, but just knowing the germs flying around that place made my nose itch and my throat tickle. He weighed in at 32lbs 12oz (90th %ile) fully dressed) and 34" long (25th %ile), which I think was off because he was screaming for that part and she did it really quick. We got to see a NP student and then the NP (who I love!). They agreed that he was doing really well. Then he got 2 shots- Hib and the regular flu shot. We were checking out and I asked about H1N1. I had been told that they probably wouldn't get it, which the girl at the desk said, but that if they did, it would go to high-risk kids first, which Gage is. I told her that, and she went to check on something. A shipment had JUST come in, so we went back to the room to get that, too. Now I'm the only unvacinnated member of my family.

I came home to a box on the front porch. It turned out to be flowers from my awesome hubby! They're currently in a vase, drinking some water and trying to spruce back up, per the directions, so maybe I'll take a pic tomorrow. I needed that, though.

And here is Gage's new sleeping style. EVERY night, no matter what I do.

Actually, he usually just gets under his pillows, which you can see that I moved to the end of the bed to try to keep him from getting under them. No problem, he just got under the covers instead. Last night I set them up against the headboard after he was asleep. Sometime in the night he pulled one down and this morning he was sideways in the bed and the pillow covered him so all you could see is legs poking out the bottom.

I took some pics of him in the leaves the other day. I need to play with them some...and I'm not the best at picture editing, but here's one.

3 comments:

sterlingirl.wordpress.com said...

YAY for getting both shots today! Ryan got hers on Halloween. Her pediatrician is giving it to anyone who wants it, even non-patients and adults! I get mine at school tomorrow (free!)

Emmilu said...

He's getting so big looking!! I am so excited to hear about his walking!!! YEA GAGE!!!!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Hi Gage's mom. Ciaran has to have a decompression and I know Gage had one done recently. I need details...Please! How long was he in the hosp. Which vertebrae did they remove or shave or whatever? How was his recovery? Was he bed bound? They nurse told me the hardest thing is them learning to move their neck because they have to do through muscles for the surgery. Is he back to normal (per se) and did he improve? I guess with some people the surgery doesn't actually fix their problems. Any info would be grateful. realestate@wendyharrison.net