Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Procrastination update

I've been using a lack of pics as an excuse not to update lately. Guess I'll quit that and get to writing!

So LOTS of traveling has happened since my last post. We have been to Tony's parents' house 3 times in 3 weeks, and to the Memphis area for Thanksgiving. Tony left after work on Friday night and Gage and I shopped with Sarah and Parker Saturday, then joined him and planned to return home Monday. Sometime Sunday night I got up out of bed for the 3rd or 4th bathroom trip and I somehow hurt myself. I'm still not sure exactly what I did, but it hurt so bad I could barely move. That delayed my coming home by a day, and I did a lot of laying around for a few days. Tony came home Friday night and worked all weekend. Gage and I picked him up from work Monday and then we went BACK down until Wednesday for him to hunt again.

Dan McJunkins, our friends John and Matthew's grandpa, and a very well-respected man from Saratoga passed away Sunday night and the funeral was Wednesday, so we stayed and went to that. On the way out the door Wednesday morning, to go to the funeral, Pops took Gage outside to speak to Katie and a skunk came running around the house and jumped on Katie, who was tied up in the back yard!!! It was crazy! We have since found out that the skunk was indeed rabid and Katie was about 8 months overdue for her shot (even though she technically got a 3-year shot, there's no such thing in Arkansas). All of that has lead to a 6 month quarantine for her :( even though the law changes Jan 1, the state health department insists that the shot is licensed for 1 year and she was exposed BEFORE the law change, so we're stuck.

Anyway, we came back home Wednesday afternoon without Katie, repacked, and Gage and I left for Memphis Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. Gage woke up feeling bad, so we were late leaving and were a little late to Steve and Kathy's for dinner.

I LOVE Ford Thanksgivings. I really do. Nathan came with us again this year. He claims to really like the Fords, but there are suspicions that he comes to observe for some social experiment or something :). We always have such a good time just visiting and of course, eating. Gage loved all of the attention from the aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. My sweet family gave me a surprise shower for Evie. Oh WOW at the clothes!!! She is going to be the best-dressed baby EVER! Here are just a few pics. Aunt Rachel is the photographer and she hasn't had an internet connection at home, so I'll post more when I get her pics.


Gage walking to Aunt Judy with a hat over his face.

Dusty, Rachel, Nate, Gage and I went back to Mom's Thursday evening to find that Tony had just arrived after work. Friday we lounged for a while, then Rachel and I met Alice and Janie to sop for a while. Then we headed back to get ready for Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo. That was so cool!! Gage saw Santa there, but Rachel and Pawpaw have those pics.

The front Gage. The white spots are "snow" being blown from roofs on either side. It was really neat.
Not really loving the merry-go-round for some reason...


Saturday, we headed to Aberdeen for the Armstrong Thanksgiving. It was so good to see everyone and visit and eat. No pics from there, either.

Sunday we were all feeling pretty crummy so we packed up and came on home early. Since then, we've all continued to cough and feel bad off and on. I hope we're on the mend, though.

I think that's about it for now!! Long enough for you?

3 comments:

Emmilu said...

Gage is really starting to look like a big boy!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry I haven't posted pictures. I completely forgot...but I'll get those done ASAP. So I guess you can actually blame the whole not writing a blog thing on me. OOPS!

AND, I love the look of your pregnancy ticker up there!! 1 more month! SO EXCITED.

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

I haven't kept on your blog lately. With Ciaran's surgery and my computer crashing in November, I haven't been able to check on the Finchers.

I think you look adorable in the pic with the whole family.

Happy New Year!!